The International Institute of Risk & Safety Management (IIRSM) has launched a data and cyber security guide to help small businesses stay safe online.
It aims to help SME owners and staff to protect vital business information and assets.
A Government survey carried out by PwC in 2015 found that 74% of small businesses reported a security breach during the previous year.
The guide defines the five key steps that businesses can take to protect themselves:
- assess the risk to your business
- document your policies and procedures on data security and cyber risks
- consider how valuable, confidential or sensitive your information is
- choose the security measures appropriate for your needs
- put adequate security measures in place.
The guide is free to download at: http://www.iirsm.org/cyber-security.
- Recent Posts
- The key to running a successful IT Service Desk
- Helping IT Managers find the right connectivity solution for their organisation
- CT to sponsor Sevens Touch charity world record attempt
- General News (46)