As Cloud Architect, a senior technical role with CT, you will work across all departments within CT delivering high level technical knowledge of cloud-based solutions in order to effectively deliver our products and service to our customers.
The role will provide in-depth technical assistance to in-life customers as well as providing the support across CT’s high-profile customers, ensuring technical deployments are reviewed to the highest technical standards.
The key duties and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge, especially around cloud-based services including; Office 365, Azure and CT’s own cloud solutions.
- Provide high level technical support and advice to the operations and support teams when required
- Provide technical pre-sales assistance for more complex solution designs.
- Provide input, review and technical sign-off to project plans for major implementations.
- Provide a vital link between the Implementations team and the account managers to ensure the deliverables meet the customer’s expectations
- Attend site to help maintain high levels of customer satisfaction during and post implementation works across CT’s high profile deployments
- Maintain and monitor existing hardware (including core routers, switches, voice servers, virtualisation environments, SANs).
- Respond promptly and appropriately to incident alerts and prepare reports as required.
- Provision new Ethernet services.
- Design and implementation of new services and solutions.
- To be part of an out of hours rota.
- Work to Central Technology’s ISO 27001 and 9001 quality processes and procedures.
- Maintain documentation.
- Maintain good working relationships with all service providers and vendors.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends
- Work cross-department to ensure the technical needs of our customers are met
- Act when required as the IT Manager role for nominated customers advising on current/future technology developments
- Work in a consultative approach to deliver technical strategic reports and IT Roadmaps
- Keep up to date of the latest technology developments and understand how these could benefit our customers.
- To be a key member of the product strategy group within CT
- Identify training needs for technical staff throughout CT
- Deliver internal technical training/knowledge sessions on key CT products to required teams
- Work closely with the infrastructure team to assist in the provisioning of new services and the management of the existing platform.
- Provide a 3rd line technical escalation both in hours and out of hours on an on call basis.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with customer staff at all levels of technical knowledge and authority.
- Involvement with client on-boarding
- Client security checks
- Achieve company objectives and individual targets.
- Manage your own workload effectively
- Working with the Cloud Veeam team to design solutions
- Excellent working knowledge of current technologies
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Strong communication skills/written & verbal at all levels of a business
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own work and the work of the team.
- Strong technical problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- Keen understanding of the importance of systems and procedures within a management structure
- Minimum 12 years’ experience working within the IT Industry and previous experience within an IT & Telecoms MSP at a senior level
- Strong multi-vendor networking, infrastructure, cloud, server and platform knowledge
- Proven track record of planning and implementing server migration projects
- Proven track of designing and implementing local files services migration to Cloud services
To apply for the role send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. No recruitment companies please.