IT Onsite Implementation Support Engineer
As an IT Onsite Implementations Support Engineer you will be responsible for providing post sale implementation, on-site support for IT, data, hosting and telecoms networks. This will include project planning and implementing on-site new installation works and carrying out on-site break fix works when required.
You may also be required to take the technical lead on specific customers carrying out regular, routine onsite scheduled visits to provide a proactive approach to our service delivery programme.
You will be expected to provide feedback and assist the Implementation Operational Lead to ensure your individual and team SLAs and KPIs are achieved.
The IT Onsite Implementation Support Engineer will carry out work in a professional manner using technical knowledge and experience to meet customer’s expectations. You shall be aware that, at the time of contact, the customer may be in a critical system outage situation and calm, consultative communications are required at all times taking ownership of situation until resolution has been achieved.
The key duties and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Prepare detailed project plans for major implementations.
- Plan, install and close out new implementations in line with budget and to the customers’ satisfaction.
- Provide end user, post implementation training where required.
- Strive to achieve first time fix for on-site, break fix works.
- Communicate clearly and professionally to customer staff at all levels of technical knowledge and authority.
- Record all works within CT’s ticketing system, and adhere at all times to CT’s Quality System and the documented processes and procedures.
- Record all works completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide remote implementation services where required.
- Provide recommendations for network/system improvements to the Operations Manager and relevant customer Account Manager.
- Achieve company objectives and individual targets.
- Manage your own workload effectively.
- Maintain internal controls and procedures providing recommendations for improvements where applicable.
- Achieve operational and quality standards.
This role involves, accurate, regular technical and time reporting. Working proactively on your own initiative and taking ownership of workloads while delivering high levels of communication either internally or externally to customers.
Aptitudes / Skills / Abilities
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic. (E)
- Good communication skills/written & verbal. (E)
- Ability to provide timely and accurate record of works. (E)
- Ability to organise and prioritise work. (E)
- Excellent ownership skills. (E)
- Good technical problem solving skills. (E)
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently alone or as part of a team. (E)
Qualifications / Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 5 year’s experience within the IT Industry and previous experience within an IT & Telecoms MSP. (D)
- MCSA / MCSE (D)
- CCNA (D)
- IP Addressing and routing configuration and fault finding. (E)
- Active Directory (E)
- Microsoft Exchange / O365 (E)
- Microsoft Azure (D)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems (inc migrations) (E)
- Working knowledge of virtualisation – preferably using VMware (D)
- IP Telephony Solutions (D)
- Proven experience in working to project plans and timescales (E)
- Proven track record of working on a field engineer team (E)