IT Service Desk Engineer
As an IT Service Desk Engineer, you will be responsible for providing remote support for IT, data, hosting and telecoms networks. This may, on occasion, include providing input to project plans and the provision of on-site break fix works when required.
The IT Service Desk Engineer will also be responsible for the proactive maintenance of customers’ networks and server infrastructure, making full use of the Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) systems in place.
You will carry out these works in a professional manner using technical knowledge and experience. You shall be aware that, at the time of contact, the customer may be in a critical system outage situation and calm, consultative communications are required at all times.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The key duties and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Answer support telephone calls and e-mails directly from the customer and work to a target of first time fix of all issues.
- Review alerts and data provided by the RMM tool to identify issues and potential issues within the customers’ networks. The issues shall be documented and repaired.
- Record all works within CT’s ticketing system, and adhere at all times to CT’s Quality System and the documented processes and procedures.
- Record all works completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide remote end user training where required.
- Provide recommendations for network/system improvements to the Service Desk Manager, Technical Manager, Service Manager or Account Manager.
- Communicate clearly and professionally to customer staff at all levels of technical knowledge and authority.
- Achieve company objectives and individual targets.
- Manage you own workload effectively.
- Maintain internal controls and procedures providing recommendations for improvements where applicable.
- Achieve operational and quality standards.
This role involves, accurate, regular technical and time reporting. Working proactively on your own initiative and closely with the Service Desk\Technical Support Manager in a fast moving industry.
- Constantly work with integrity
- Dedicate time to excellence
- Constantly seek to improve
- Enjoy working as a team, listening and empowering one another
- Want to invest time to grow
- Empathise with your customers
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within the IT Industry and previous experience within an IT & Telecoms MSP
- Active Directory
- Excellent Windows operating system knowledge, all versions
- Excellent desktop and server knowledge, all versions
- Excellent Active Directory (2008, 2012, 2016) knowledge
- Excellent Exchange (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016) knowledge
- Excellent O365 knowledge
- Exposure to virtualisation e.g. VMware, Hyper-V technologies
- General networking knowledge e.g. switches, firewalls, routers
- CISCO knowledge and experience (desirable, not essential)
- CCNA (desirable, not essential)
- IP Addressing and routing
- Other skills e.g. MAC OS X and Linux (desirable, not essential)
- Experience operating in a multi-level support team within an MSP environment preferable
If the answer to all the above is yes and you want to be part of a dynamic, ambitious and successful service desk team, have a minimum of 2 years’ experience on a service desk then Central Technology may be the team for you.
Central Technology is a rapidly expanding MSP with its own cloud and communications infrastructure. Its typical customer is mid-market enterprises within Yorkshire and the East Midlands.
We pride ourselves on technical ability and providing excellent service at all levels.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain exposure to the latest infrastructure technologies and products within a respected and well established IT Managed service provider.
Competitive package dependent on experience.