Who are CT?
We are a rapidly growing MSP operating from a large office in Chesterfield – we offer an informal, relaxed yet high performance environment where we recognise and reward effort and achievement.
CT prides itself on high levels of strategic engagement with its customers coupled with our internal technical expertise, enabling us to operate our own cloud infrastructure and communications network.
We are expanding our team and are seeking enthusiastic, driven and ambitious team members to join in our journey.
As a Transition/Onboarding Engineer you will be responsible for onboarding new clients onto our IT and service management systems delivering standardised configurations to our new customers while also ensuring that documentation is produced for the ongoing management of the customers through our operational teams.
This will include implementing on-site new installation works included as part of the onboarding (where applicable).
As and when required, you will work closely customers requiring scheduled onsite visits to provide a proactive approach to our service delivery programme as well as involved in delivery of IT projects.
The key duties and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Work closely with all key stakeholders aligned (CT/customer) to the new customer to provide a successful, effieicnt and detailed documented onboarding process.
- Work closely with the customer and our service managers to provide high levels of early relationship management and customer service during the early life phase of the service.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of our suite of products, tools and services required for client management onboarding new clients in a highly efficient and standardised model.
- Assist in the planning and understanding of the requirements aligned to the customers onboarding plan.
- Provide regular, accurate and concise updates to the customer and onboarding team.
- Ensure all onboarding customer technical documentation is detailed and comprehensive to allow the operations teams to gain a full understanding of a customer to deliver operational support including assets, pc, server, networking, infrastructure and any technical configurations.
- Ensure that all monitoring tools and IT Support service components included are deployed and in-place priror to go-live.
- Understand the impact and challenges associated with deployment of all tools and be able to identify problems ahead of time and prevent performance problems and downtime
- Identify unrelated IT issues while visiting the customer and communicate with our onboarding team.
- Provide end user and internal knowledge cascades, post onboarding training where required.
- Record all works within CT’s ticketing system ensuring that regular updates are placed on all assigned open onboarding/technical tickets.
- Prioritise and categorise tickets to provide efficient progression.
- Technical ownership end-to-end throughout the assigned onboarding life cycle.
- Undertake proactive IT support service component tasks (when required).
- Liasing with 3rd party companies where required to understand details of software which will form part of the onboarding process.
- Provide recommendations for improvements to the onboarding process to ensure that this process is effective and efficient.
- Aid in the creation and management of a technical Knowledgebase (where applicable).
- Support and follow processes to provide a consistent approach to customer service and within the team with a focus on onboarding.
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times when representing the business.
- Work to the agreed KPI’s set (individually/team)
- Deal with other issues or requests required by the business
This role involves, accurate, regular operational and time reporting. Working proactively on your own initiative and closely with the Operations Manager in a fast moving industry to deliver engineering/implementation onboarding services in an effective manner within SLA.
UK travel and overnight stays are expected depending on the location of new customers from our head office.
Aptitudes / Skills / Abilities:
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills/written & verbal
- Ability to provide timely and accurate record of works
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service
- Good technical problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently alone or as part of a team
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Remain calm and punctual under pressure
- A strong customer service attitude
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 year’s experience in an IT support environment
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience in an Implementation/Field engineering role
- Active Directory
- Windows Server
- Microsoft Exchange
- Windows end user operating systems
- Working knowledge of virtualisation – preferably using VMware
- Previous experience of onboarding new customers in an IT environment
- Formal Accreditations
- Networking knowledge with multiple technologies
- Free onsite parking with EV charging points
- Air conditioned offices with shower facilities
- Career progression with personal development plans
- Funded training opportunities
- Vitality private healthcare plan
- Sick pay policy
- An active formal and informal social calendar with escape rooms, go-karting and curry evenings being the favourites
- A large social hub to relax and have a coffee from our Starbucks Machine or enjoy a game of pool or use the Playstation
- Hybrid working – remote / customer site / office
- Weekly HIIT sessions provided by The Fitness Truck for those who want to challenge their body as well as their mind
- Regular mental health training programme available to all
- Last but not least, our office dogs
Please apply below or see our other open vacancies.