The key duties and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge, especially around cloud-based services including; Office 365, Azure and CT’s own cloud solutions.
- Provide high level technical support and advice to the operations and support teams when required
- Provide technical pre-sales assistance for more complex solution designs.
- Provide input, review and technical sign-off to project plans for major implementations.
- Provide a vital link between the Implementations team and the account managers to ensure the deliverables meet the customer’s expectations
- Attend site to help maintain high levels of customer satisfaction during and post implementation works across CT’s high profile deployments
- Maintain and monitor existing hardware (including core routers, switches, voice servers, virtualisation environments, SANs).
- Respond promptly and appropriately to incident alerts and prepare reports as required.
- Provision new Ethernet services.
- Design and implementation of new services and solutions.
- To be part of an out of hours rota.
- Work to Central Technology’s ISO 27001 and 9001 quality processes and procedures.
- Maintain documentation.
- Maintain good working relationships with all service providers and vendors.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends
- Work cross-department to ensure the technical needs of our customers are met
- Act when required as the IT Manager role for nominated customers advising on current/future technology developments
- Work in a consultative approach to deliver technical strategic reports and IT Roadmaps
- Keep up to date of the latest technology developments and understand how these could benefit our customers.
- To be a key member of the product strategy group within CT
- Identify training needs for technical staff throughout CT
- Deliver internal technical training/knowledge sessions on key CT products to required teams
- Work closely with the infrastructure team to assist in the provisioning of new services and the management of the existing platform.
- Provide a 3rd line technical escalation both in hours and out of hours on an on call basis.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with customer staff at all levels of technical knowledge and authority.
- Involvement with client on-boarding
- Client security checks
- Achieve company objectives and individual targets.
- Manage your own workload effectively
- Working with the Cloud Veeam team to design solutions
- Excellent working knowledge of current technologies
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Strong communication skills/written & verbal at all levels of a business
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own work and the work of the team.
- Strong technical problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- Keen understanding of the importance of systems and procedures within a management structure
- Minimum 12 years’ experience working within the IT Industry and previous experience within an IT & Telecoms MSP at a senior level
- Strong multi-vendor networking, infrastructure, cloud, server and platform knowledge
- Proven track record of planning and implementing server migration projects
- Proven track of designing and implementing local files services migration to Cloud services
Who are CT?
We are a rapidly growing MSP with clients throughout Yorkshire and the East Midlands. Having started life in 2002 we now have a team of 50 people operating out of a large, newly refurbished office in Chesterfield.
CT prides itself on high levels of strategic engagement with its customers as well as high levels of internal technical expertise which enables us to operate our own cloud infrastructure and communications network.
We are seeking enthusiastic, driven and ambitious team members to join in our journey with plans to double in size over the next five years.
Why join CT?
CT takes great pride in its high calibre of its team. We recognise the importance of every person within the business and as such are always looking for ways make our working environment as enjoyable as possible. So far we have:
- A large on-site car park.
- Open plan, modern office space with breakout areas and quiet rooms for flexible working.
- A large social hub to relax and have a coffee with friends or enjoy a game of pool or Playstation.
- Weekly HIIT sessions provided by The Fitness Truck for those who want to challenge their body as well as their mind.
- A mental health in the workplace training and awareness programme available to all.
- An informal, relaxed yet high performance environment where we recognise and reward effort and achievement
- An active formal and informal social calendar with Escape Rooms, Go-Karting and curry evenings being particular favourites.
- Employer of the Year at the 2019 Sheffield Business Awards
- Last but not least, Woodstock, our chilled out office dog.