Central Technology’s latest premium version of Secure Cloud Backup for Microsoft 365, powered by Veeam, includes immutability as standard. Immutability, by definition, is a solution that prevents data from deletion or modification.
What is immutability for Microsoft 365?
In our premium MS365 backup solution, your Microsoft 365 data can be stored in two separate locations, with one copy being immutable. Immutable backups cannot be edited, deleted, or encrypted within a set retention period, giving you unrivalled protection.
Organisations are under huge pressure to protect customer and business data and we are constantly looking for ways to enhance our solutions. Immutability for Microsoft 365 is crucial for legal firms due to the nature of their work, which often involves handling sensitive and legally significant data.
Why is immutability for Microsoft 365 so important for legal companies?
- Data Integrity and Compliance: Legal documents and records must maintain their integrity throughout their lifecycle. Immutability ensures that once a document is created and stored, it cannot be altered or deleted, preserving its integrity and authenticity. Legal firms are subject to various regulatory requirements, such as GDPR or a Cyber Essentials certification. Immutability can assist in meeting these compliance requirements by ensuring data remains unaltered and auditable.
- Evidence Preservation: Legal firms need to be prepared for potential litigation. Immutability simplifies the process of collecting and presenting evidence, making it easier to respond to legal challenges effectively. Immutable storage also guarantees that electronic evidence remains unchanged and admissible in court. This can help establish a clear chain of custody which is critical in maintaining the credibility and reliability of evidence.
- Protection against data breaches: Immutability can act as a safeguard against data breaches or unauthorised access. Even if a cyber criminal gains access to your systems, they cannot alter or destroy immutable data, reducing the risk of data compromise.
- Contractual Agreements and Historical Records: Immutability can help ensure contracts and agreements cannot be altered without proper authorisation. The long-term storage of historical records is also a key part of legal firms. Immutability ensures that these records remain intact and unaltered over time, preserving the firm’s institutional memory.
- Legal Confidentiality and Trust: Legal professionals often deal with confidential and sensitive information. Immutability helps protect this sensitive data by preventing unauthorised changes or leaks. Maintaining data immutability also builds trust with clients, partners, and regulatory authorities. It demonstrates a commitment to data security and ethical practices, enhancing your firm’s reputation.
In an industry where the accuracy and integrity of information is paramount, immutability is a critical component of data management and security for all legal firms.
To find out more about how we can help your business, please get in touch with one of cloud experts.
A member of our team will be in touch shortly.
Something went wrong, please see errors below: